Clinical Trials Manager
This position is responsible for defining project scopes and estimating budgets, planning, directing, controlling project activities, managing resources and budgets, as well as project team performance of cross-functional teams engaged in clinical research and development activities. This position is also accountable for reporting of project progress status to Pulse Biosciences internal management. These activities may include but are not limited to managing projects with activities focused on clinical operations, data management, statistics, medical writing, subject randomization and study device supply management, administration of data monitoring and adjudication committees, as well as preparing device submissions to regulatory agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage projects with activities focused on one or more of the following: clinical operations, data management, statistics, medical writing, subject randomization and device supply management, administration of data monitoring and adjudication committees, as well as preparing device submissions to regulatory agencies.
- Integrate information to define work scopes and estimate budgets, develop and manage cross-functional project work plans including resource requirements and utilization, budgets, quality deliverables and timelines.
- Manage all project management aspects of assigned Phase I -IV clinical trials and in accordance to ICH/GCP guidelines, FDA, Health Canada, EMA, and other applicable regulatory and legal requirements.
- Ensure the timely initiation and completion of clinical study projects.
- Lead cross-functional project teams. Manage the planning, implementation, conduct and reporting of assigned projects within the established timelines and budgets, and with the quality and requirements necessary for regulatory approvals.
- Manage activities between Pulse Biosciences and study sites, and with various supporting groups or third party vendors (e.g., central lab and other specialty labs) to ensure that all contractual obligations are met.
- Proactively track and manage the financial status against budget and reconcile expenses across sub-streams of activities.
- Proactively track and manage project tasks against timelines and hours spent/budgets, alert management when there are risks of having major deviations.
- Prepare project status reports and maintain accurate and current details. Present project status to internal and external stakeholders.
- Function as meeting facilitator for the meetings involving various internal and external participants.
- Function as facilitator of problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Communicate project action items and key decisions through timely minutes and follow up actions.
- Conduct “lessons learned” meetings with project team members to learn from failures and prevent same from future projects.
- Contribute and/or participate in the performance evaluation of staff who performed under the responsible projects.
- When required, this position may assist the organization in responding to and preparing for Request for Information and Request for Proposals for Investigator Initiated Studies, and subsequently defining work scopes and budgets, and performing contract administration activities.
- When required, perform clinical trial planning, management, and site monitoring from the initiation of a trial to its closure.
- May provide support in Clinical Operations as required, such as the following:
- Assist in the development of study-specific training materials.
- Manage the process of setting up and maintaining the Trial Master File.
- Review/compile documentation for qualification of clinical sites. Support review of that documentation to ensure that those clinical sites comply with ICH/GCP and relevant local regulations.
- Assist with the preparation and negotiation of contracts with investigational sites and vendors.
- Assist with the preparation of summary reports and presentations for Board of Director Meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Sc. or M.Sc. in life sciences or health related field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ clinical research experience within a medical device, or biotechnology setting.
- Minimum of 5 years’ project management experience is preferred.
- Experienced as a clinical trial monitor, initiating, monitoring, and closing out clinical trials will be desirable for Clinical Operations support tasks.
- Ability to travel a maximum of 35% of working hours may be required.
- Demonstrated understanding of cross-functional processes including clinical operations, statistics, data management, subject randomization and device supply management, data monitoring and adjudication committees, regulatory affairs, and medical writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of ICH/GCP guidelines, FDA, Health Canada, and EMA regulations.
- Ability to define scopes and estimate budgets, plan and manage projects, including resource requirements and utilization, hours spent vs. budgets, key deliverables and timelines.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including setting goals for others and driving to achieve them in accordance with allocated resources, timelines, and budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong ability in problem-solving including conflict resolution.
Pulse Biosciences is a novel medical therapy company bringing to market its proprietary CellFX™ Nano-Pulse Stimulation™ (NPS™) platform. The Company’s CellFX NPS platform provides a novel, precise, non-thermal, treatment technology delivering nanosecond duration energy pulses that impact cells in treated tissue while sparing acellular tissue. NPS’s unique mechanism of action disrupts the functions of internal cell structures while maintaining the outer cell membrane initiating a cascade of events within the cell that results in regulated cell death. The novel characteristics of the Company’s NPS mechanism of action has the potential to significantly benefit patients across multiple medical applications, including dermatology, the Company’s first planned commercial application. In pre-clinical studies, NPS has demonstrated an ability to induce immunogenic cell death in several cancer cell lines. The Company believes its NPS platform may play a role in immuno-oncology as a focal tumor treatment that can initiate an adaptive immune response. More information can be found at www.pulsebiosciences.com.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. (PLSE, Nasdaq) corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, CA.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.