Pulse Biosciences Inc. is seeking for an experienced Cost Accountant who is detailed oriented, organized, and is excited about improving business processes. You will be responsible for the overall financial management of inventory for the company which involves the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracking costs back to underlying activities. Responsibilities will involve defining and maintaining cost accounting systems, meeting deadlines for processing information, answering questions and financial reporting requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is meant to be a representative but not necessarily comprehensive summary of the duties and responsibilities for this consulting position:
- Develop and maintain product standard costs including cost estimating to standard labor and overhead rates.
- Responsible for full cycle Cost Accounting monthly close process and all activities to ensure accounts are accurate.
- Implement and maintain key policies and procedures.
- Analyze and Monitor Labor/Overhead Absorption on a periodic basis and forecast/model future quarterly absorptions based on build/production plan.
- Act as liaison & provide on-going support to Operations on process improvements, financial reporting accuracy, financial controls etc.
- Manufacturing and Overhead variance research, analysis and reporting.
- Prepare monthly inventory account reconciliations, revenue & cost of goods schedules and analysis.
- Prepare requirements for physical inventories, inventory reserves & ensure compliance of the cycle count audit and all physical inventories.
- Supports quarterly/annual audits and SOX controls processes relating to Cost and Inventory (walk-through and testing).
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION:
- BS/MS in Accounting
- CPA experience preferred
- 5+ year’s hands-on manufacturing cost accounting/finance experience.
- Must possess hands-on functional expertise including working knowledge of Cost Accounting/Control, Inventory and Production Planning.
- Experience supporting operations and other departments as needed.
- Strong computer skills with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask effectively without compromising the quality of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and communicate with all levels of the company.
- Efficient, high productivity contributor, professional attitude, detail oriented and team player.
- Requires occasional weekend and/or evening work, month end close etc.
- Experience working in a medical device, bio-chemical and/or semi-conductor manufacturing is preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, dependable, organized, and service focused.
Pulse Biosciences is a novel medical therapy company bringing to market its proprietary CellFX™ Nano-Pulse Stimulation™ (NPS™) platform. The Company’s CellFX NPS platform provides a novel, precise, non-thermal, treatment technology delivering nanosecond duration energy pulses that impact cells in treated tissue while sparing acellular tissue. NPS’s unique mechanism of action disrupts the functions of internal cell structures while maintaining the outer cell membrane initiating a cascade of events within the cell that results in regulated cell death. The novel characteristics of the Company’s NPS mechanism of action has the potential to significantly benefit patients across multiple medical applications, including dermatology, the Company’s first planned commercial application. In pre-clinical studies, NPS has demonstrated an ability to induce immunogenic cell death in several cancer cell lines. The Company believes its NPS platform may play a role in immuno-oncology as a focal tumor treatment that can initiate an adaptive immune response. More information can be found at www.pulsebiosciences.com.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. (PLSE, Nasdaq) corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, CA.
Send resume to: email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.