Pulse Biosciences Inc. is seeking for an experienced Cost Accountant who is detailed oriented, organized, and is excited about improving business processes. You will be responsible for the overall financial management of inventory for the company which involves the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracking costs back to underlying activities. Responsibilities will involve defining and maintaining cost accounting systems, meeting deadlines for processing information, answering questions and financial reporting requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is meant to be a representative but not necessarily comprehensive summary of the duties and responsibilities for this consulting position:
- Develop and maintain product standard costs including cost estimating to standard labor and overhead rates.
- Responsible for full cycle Cost Accounting monthly close process and all activities to ensure accounts are accurate.
- Implement and maintain key policies and procedures.
- Analyze and Monitor Labor/Overhead Absorption on a periodic basis and forecast/model future quarterly absorptions based on build/production plan.
- Act as liaison & provide on-going support to Operations on process improvements, financial reporting accuracy, financial controls etc.
- Manufacturing and Overhead variance research, analysis and reporting.
- Prepare monthly inventory account reconciliations, revenue & cost of goods schedules and analysis.
- Prepare requirements for physical inventories, inventory reserves & ensure compliance of the cycle count audit and all physical inventories.
- Supports quarterly/annual audits and SOX controls processes relating to Cost and Inventory (walk-through and testing).
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION:
- BS/MS in Accounting
- CPA experience preferred
- 5+ year’s hands-on manufacturing cost accounting/finance experience.
- Must possess hands-on functional expertise including working knowledge of Cost Accounting/Control, Inventory and Production Planning.
- Experience supporting operations and other departments as needed.
- Strong computer skills with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask effectively without compromising the quality of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and communicate with all levels of the company.
- Efficient, high productivity contributor, professional attitude, detail oriented and team player.
- Requires occasional weekend and/or evening work, month end close etc.
- Experience working in a medical device, bio-chemical and/or semi-conductor manufacturing is preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, dependable, organized, and service focused.
Pulse Biosciences is a publicly listed clinical stage electroceutical company pursuing multiple clinical applications of its proprietary Nano-Pulse Stimulation technology. Nano-Pulse Stimulation (NPS) is a non-thermal, precise, focal tissue treatment technology comprised of nanosecond (billionth of a second) range pulsed electric fields that directly affect the cell membrane and intracellular structures and initiates cell death in treated cells. The initiation of cell death by NPS results in a minimal inflammatory response, which improves healing outcomes and supports the replacement of treated tissue cells with healthy tissue cells. NPS’ unique mechanism of action to initiate cell death has the potential to significantly benefit patients for multiple medical applications in dermatology, immune-oncology, and in other unique tissue targets. In cancerous lesions, NPS has been shown in preclinical models to induce immunogenic cell death (ICD), which exposes the unique antigens of the treated cells to the immune system and enrolls immune system cells, such as cytotoxic T-cells to mount an adaptive immune response.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. (PLSE, Nasdaq) corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, CA.
Send resume to: email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.